Do you ultimately need an analogue signal for your current measurement? The MBS range of CT’s feature a plug in transducer module option.
Just twist off the secondary terminal covers and remove the secondary terminal screws. Screw in the brass transformer to module connecting studs and plug in the NMC transducer module.
Each NMC transducer block will give two different isolated analogue outputs. Also the secondary of the current transformer is repeated, if this repeat facility is not required the supplied shorting link must be left in situ. It is possible to generate 0-20mA and 0-10VDC without any auxiliary supply (self powered module version). Please note that the self powered versions can only be used on current transformers with an output of at least 2.5VA, if a 4-20mA signal is required in all cases an auxiliary supply is required, 24VDC, 110VAC or 230VAC.
1. Remove red CT secondary covers by twisting them, some gentle force is required.
2. Remove the secondary screws on the P2 (L) side of the CT, pull out the brass studs from the rear of the transducer / relay module and screw into the holes left by the secondary screws.
3. Clip transducer module on to the top of the CT.
4. If the 1Amp / 5Amp CT output is not required the link for shorting should be left in situ across terminals 5 & 6.
1. On connection of the auxiliary supply the two green LED’s should illuminate.
2. Note, the self powered transducer version is only possible to use if the CT being used generates at least 2.5VA. The self powered version current output is 0-20mA instead of 4-20mA.
Terminal No. Designation
1 Negative 0-10VDC output
2 Positive 0-10VDC output
3 Negative 0-20mA / 4-20mA output *
4 Positive 0-20mA /4-20mA output *
5 S1 (k) 1Amp /5Amp output *
6 S2 (I) 1Amp / 5Amp output *
7 + / L auxiliary supply *
8 - / N auxiliary supply *
* Depending on version ordered
Current: 1Amp or 5Amp
Self powered versions >2.5VA
1.2x In continuously
8x In <40secs
Signal I: 0-20mA or 4-20mA
Max external resistance: 500 ohms
Current limit on overload: <34mA
Signal V: 0-10VDC
External resistance: >10 Kohms
Voltage limit on overload: 18VDC
DC auxiliary supply: 24VDC ± 15%
AC auxiliary supply: 110VAC, 230VAC ± 10%, 50-60Hz
Response time: <500 mSec
General accuracy: Class 0.5
1-120% In powered
15-120% self powered
Receive updates about our offers, latests products and more, directly to your inbox